Sunday, May 1, 2011

Festival Internationale-part 4

Today was the last day of Festival, so I couldn't miss it. I decided to go back and try a few more foods. We were only there for a short time today; my body needed time to recooperate.



We started with the LA Seafood House's Shrimp & Grits and Blackened Tuna Wrap. The Blackened Tuna Wrap was awesome-the tuna was slightly spicy, with the perfect amount of lettuce covered in a barely sweet sauce, wrapped with a wheat tortilla. Yummy!


Shrimp & Grits was good, but the shrimp were swimming in butter (or something) and difficult to eat because it was hot. I have trouble eating hot foods when it's hot outside. That's one of the biggest downfalls to Fest Food.





The last thing I tried for Festival Internationale 2011 was Alligator Shake's Alligator Sauce Piquante. It was spectacular! It was the kind of spicy that makes you sniffle. I really enjoyed the few bites I took, but again, it was too hard to eat because it was hot & spicy, and I was hot & sweaty. I wish I would have tried that yesterday when it wasn't so hot out, I think I would have enjoyed it more.


So this is the end. I'm sad to see it go, but thankful to have been a part of it. While healthy food and a southern Louisiana festival are a little oxymoronic, I can say there was good food that I was able to enjoy, both with my tastebuds and my wellness. Goodbye Fest Internationale, thank you for the music, the food, and the memories. I look forward to next year, only 359 days to wait...but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment