Sunday, May 1, 2011

Festival Internationale-part 3

Another full day of Festival...We were there when it got started (even in the rain) and stayed until we shut it down! I got to try lots of different food. Here's the breakdown.

I started the morning choosing between the Village Wrap and the Holy Guacamole Wrap from Village Market. The Holy Guacamole Wrap won-it was a tortilla stuffed with turkey, guacamole, lettuce, and tomatoes. I'd had my eye on it for a couple of days, but it didn't live up to my expectations. It was tasty, but not really what I would consider "festival food."

Next we had the Crawfish Corn Macque Choux from Antlers. It was served over rice, which I found odd. The macque choux was seasoned to perfection and the flavors of crawfish, corn, and tomatoes merged wonderfully. Although, it would have been much better without rice, even if the serving was smaller.


My hubby tried Fezzo's Crab Cake topped with Seafood Etouffee. There was nothing healthy about that one! 

Right about this time I was really wishing Dean-O's still served the Marie Laveau pizza. Oh Dean-O's, please bring it back to festival~it is missed very much! There was not much enticing about pepperoni or cheese pizza, so I skipped them.

Later during the day we tried Poupart's Stuffed Bread and Shrimp & Tasso Pasta. Both were pretty good, but they don't qualify as Best (Healthiest) Fest Food.

Now, if we are talking about incredible Fest Food, I can't go without mentioning Bon Creole Seafood's Crawfish & Spinach Boat. 
While one could argue that this is nourishing to your body because it has spinach (a vegetable automatically makes it good for you, right?) there is nothing about this dish that qualifies as healthy. However if sharing this with a few people it could be totally worth it! But don't try to finish the bowl.

To round out the day we finished with Couchon's Smoked Pork Sandwich. It was much better than I anticipated! Instead of lettuce it had what tasted like slightly pickled cucumbers, which was an added bonus.

Now for the last day of Festival. I am trying to decide if I'm headed back to Festival International or will swing another local festival, the Etouffee Festival in Arnaudville. Oh, decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that Spinach and Crawfish boat looks amazing. I'm sure they use skim milk rather than heavy cream, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurie, I wouldn't be as worried about the heavy cream as all of that bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crawfish boats. I have to get one every year. However, I never eat all of the bread, just the stuff in the middle.

    ReplyDelete