Thursday, April 28, 2011

Best (Healthiest) Fest Food-Festival Internationale-Part 1

We are getting started with my most beloved week of year-Festival Internationale de Louisiane! There are so many festivals in the area, but this festival is definitely my favorite! This year I'm taking on a new challenge at Festival...to find the Best (Healthiest) Fest Foods.

I started Wednesday evening, Festival's opening day. The Fais Do Do Stage was the lone stage and the vendors were limited, but the food was perfect! I avoided the fried stuff but tried Lagneaux's seafood jambalaya, Broussard's Cajun Cooking's red beans and rice, and bread pudding. I'm not much of a bread pudding fan, and this one didn't change my mind. However the red beans and rice were cooked to perfection-just the right spice, and the perfect amount of beans and juice mixed with the rice. Of course there was sausage, which I typically leave out. I'm always a sucker for red beans and rice! While non-alcoholic beverages were available they were hidden a little. Luckily I brought some water (I rarely leave home without water) so it wasn't much of an issue.



I'm not making it to Festival tonight, but will plan to be there through the rest of the weekend. I'll keep you posted on what I find!

Happy Festival-in'!

No comments:

Post a Comment